Answers to the Most Asked Questions
WHAT FRAMES OF REFERENCE DO YOU HAVE THAT CONTRIBUTED TO THE FORMATION OF YOUR SPIRITUALITY AND UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE?
When you are searching for a spiritual director it is vital that you find someone who is a good fit for you. Therefore, on your search it is sometimes helpful to know a little bit about the director and what has formed their faith. I hope the following gives you some information about my background that may offer you possible connection points.
- I grew up Catholic and have remained so all of my life. However, I worked at a protestant church in ministry and administrative positions for 13 years and have close friends from several different Christian denominations. I appreciate all the gifts other denominations have to offer and find my faith enriched by the many parts of the body of Christ.
- I am a member of a Secular Institute of the Franciscan charism and have discerned with an active order and a monastic order before making me sensitive to, and support of, vocation discernment.
- I worked as a behavior therapy aide and teacher of Exceptional children for many years,
specializing in children on the Autism spectrum.
- I have served in positions of leadership and ministry as a woman and am sensitive to the challenges that can accompany this call.
- I live with Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (a chronic lifelong syndrome) and am sensitive to the
many ways this shapes ones life. While this syndrome does not define me, I have found that those suffering from MCAS and similar illnesses do not always have adequate support. Faith is a way that many of us overcome daily challenges and it is always nice to have someone who understands this unique perspective.
CAN SPIRITUAL DIRECTION REALLY
TAKE PLACE ONLINE?
The short answer is: Absolutely!
Participating in spiritual direction sessions online might sound very strange to you and I certainly understand the hesitation! Yet more and more people are finding that they can have deep and meaningful sessions online. The Holy Spirit is gloriously not limited by physical distance. The best thing to do if you are hesitant is to try it out and see if it works for you. If you find that meeting online does not work for you, and you are not local to my vicinity, I will be happy to help you find a director in your local area.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN
I CONTACT YOU?
If you contact me with inquiries about a particular service that I provide, you will get a personal email from me
answering your specific questions.
If you are contacting me about starting spiritual direction, you will receive an email with an information form to complete and my code of ethics which will outline my commitments to you as a directee. After you look over those documents you will have the opportunity to schedule an introductory session which is free of donation and free of commitment. This is a time for you to ask questions, meet me, and for us to prayerfully consider together if we are a good fit as director and directee. We will end this introduction session in prayer. Then, if after some time you discern that you would like to continue in direction
we will be off on a beautiful journey!